Disney movies and romantic comedies have probably made you wonder about when you'll meet "the one" – but how do you know when it's the real thing? Your heart will be the best indicator, but these 21 things can also help you figure it out.
1. You finally know what butterflies feel like.
You've spent your whole life hearing the phrase "butterflies in your stomach," but you never knew what that meant – until now.
2. You see that person everywhere you go.
Whether you're at the grocery store or jogging around your neighborhood, you think you see them everywhere, because they're always on your mind.
3. Your heart jumps when your phone rings.
Hearing from them brightens your day. And while a text or email is great, hearing their voice is the best.
4. You truly listen to each other.
There's no mindless nodding of the head in this relationship. You both cherish what the other person has to say, about everything from politics to movies.
5. ...And remember what the other person says.
Maybe they remember what your favorite flowers are and surprise you with a bouquet. Or maybe they make you chicken noodle soup when you're sick because they know that's what your mom used to do. Awww.
6. Suddenly you don't have to question what love feels like.
With others, you wondered whether you were in love. Now you know you weren't, because it felt nothing like this.
7. You both want to talk about the future.
Talking about the future doesn't seem scary anymore – it seems exciting, because you can totally envision this person being in your life forever.
8. You want to meet each other's friends & family.
From grandmas to best friends, you both want to get to know everyone in your significant other's life.
9. You're kind to each other.
This person has a heart of gold, and it makes them that much more attractive. You're kind to them too, because you hate the idea of them ever being hurt or sad.
10. You're both observant.
They grab your sweatshirt if they notice you're cold, and you make them breakfast in bed on a Saturday after noticing they're completely drained from the work week.
11. Your life feels like a Disney movie.
All that's missing is the sappy soundtrack to your relationship, as sung by Celine Dion.
12. You want to make each other happy.
You have conflicting ideas on how to spend the weekend together, but you suddenly want to do each other's plan because you know it will make the other person happy.
13. You want to tell that person everything.
No matter what happens in your day, it doesn't feel complete until you've shared it with them.
14. ...And know everything about that person.
You want to know where they grew up, what sports they played as a kid, and what their hopes and dreams are.
15. You're a team.
Your problems are their problems. You conquer them together, as a team. You feel like you have a true partner in crime, and in life.
16. Everyone notices how happy you are.
If all of your friends are saying they haven't seen you smile so much in years, that's a pretty big deal.
17. You're each other's biggest fan.
You find yourself thinking about them every day, hoping they nailed the difficult work presentation or managed to have that uncomfortable talk with their boss.
18. You trust them wholeheartedly.
Gone are your jealous days. This person makes you feel so confident and secure that you know they would never stray from your relationship.
19. You suddenly can't imagine life without them.
You used to be single and perfectly happy, but you have no desire to get those days back.
20. They make you laugh like crazy.
Sharing the same sense of humor is the best – and everyone deserves to laugh until they cry as much as possible.
21. You think they're pretty damn perfect.
You know they aren't actually perfect, because no one is. However, this person is perfect for you.